Make Every Day Happy Week 2 – 3rd to 8th April

I am a little late posting this one as it was my daughters birthday at the weekend – better late than never hey!

This was the second week of the Easter Holidays and I had 4 days annual leave, so with the way Easter fell I actually had a lovely 10 days off work for 4 days annual leave!


We went to Golders Hill Park in Hampstead to meet my good friend Latoya.

Golders Hill Park was beautiful. It had a Stumpery where you could feed Squirrels, a Deer Enclosure, lots of Ponds with ducks. It had animal enclosures with Donekys and Ring Tailed Lemurs. There are many exotic wild birds too.

The park was lovely and it so nice to catch up with my friend as we had not seen each other for just over a year due to Covid restrictions.

We popped to see my mum on the way home then it was home for pizzas and Saturday Night Takeaway.


The Easter Bunny came and brought us all an Egg! Mike cooked a wonderful Easter roast Lamb and we saw my sister in law and her partner for a little while in the morning and we saw my parents in law in the afternoon. The kids loved spending the day outside in the sunshine and I got to spend some time relaxing on my new sunlounger as our garden is a bit of a suntrap! So nice to have the rule of 6 back and be able to see family again.


Easter Monday I had a MEGA lie in – slept until 11.25! Thanks Mike, who got up and sorted the kids and took over all morning!

I then had a long relaxing bath then took the children to visit my mum (in our bubble).


I drove over to Hertford with the children and we met Mike’s parents and went on a lovely long walk. We stopped to have lunch on a bench as there isn’t really much open at the moment and I didn’t want to risk not getting something.

Came home, George was worn out.


We baked cookies in the morning and then met up with my cousin and his wife in the morning had a lovely walk to the duck pond, we all enjoyed the Cookies together and a lovely lunch.

In the afternoon we met my great nephew Max for the first time as he was born in lockdown. It was so lovely to meet him for the first time.


On Thursday Lily and I had a really quiet pyjama day at home. It felt much needed after a busy few days! Mike took George for a walk to the park.


On Friday we met my other new great nephew Jagger in the morning. It was so lovely to meet him and we all went over to the local petting zoo, which is closed but had animals outside in the paddocks that we could see. On Friday afternoon we went to the park with my friend and her daughter who was born a day after Lily. We then went back to their garden and the kids had a jump around on the trampoline.

A busy and very fun week off work!